Friday 7 August 2009

"The Undisputed Truth" - A Motown and Whitfield Records UK and US LP Discography.




- THE UNDISPUTED TRUTH -

A Motown and Whitfield Records UK and USA LP Discography

1. “The Undisputed Truth”, July 1971 LP on Gordy G-955L in the USA and February 1972 on Tamla Motown STML 11197 in the UK

Side 1:
You Got The Love I Need; Save My Love For A Rainy Day; California Soul; Aquarius; Ball Of Confusion (That’s What The World Is Today)
Side2:
Smiling Faces Sometimes; We’ve Got A Way Out My Love; Since I’ve Lost You; Ain’t No Sunshine Since You’ve Been Gone; I Heard It Through The Grapevine; Like A Rolling Stone

2. “Face To Face With The Truth”, February 1972 LP on Gordy G-959L in the USA and July 1972 on Tamla Motown STMA 8004 in the UK

Side 1:
You Make Your Own Heaven And Hell Right Here On Earth; What It Is ?; Ungena Za Ulimengu (Unite The World) Friendship Train
Side 2:
Superstar (Remember How You Got Where You Are); Take Me In Your Arms And Love Me; Don’t Let Him Take Your Love From Me; What’s Going On

3. “Law Of The Land”, July 1973 LP on Gordy G-963L in the USA and September 1973 on Tamla Motown STML 11240 in the UK

Side 1:
Law Of The Land; Papa Was A Rollin’ Stone; Girl You’re Alright; Killing Me Softly With This Song; Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me); This Child Needs Its Father
Side 2:
Mama I Gotta Brand New Thing (Don’t Say No); Feelin’ Alright; Love And Happiness; With A Little Help From My Friends; If I Die; Walk On By

4. “Down To Earth”, September 1974 LP on Gordy G6-968S1 in the USA and January 1975 on Tamla Motown STML 11277 in the UK

Side 1:
Help Yourself; Big John Is My Name; Brother Louie; I’m A Fool For You; Our Day Will Come
Side 2:
Just You ‘N’ Me; Love And Happiness; Law Of The Land; The Girl’s Alright With Me; Save My Love For A Rainy Day

[Note: The UK LP has two extra tracks over the USA issue.
“Gonna Keep On Tryin’ Till I Win Your Love” is added as Track 6 (the last track) on Side 1, while “Let’s Go Back To Day One” is added on to Side 2 as Track 6 (again the last track).
“Gonna Keep On…” was the non-album B-side of “Mama I Got A Brand New Thing (Don’t Say No)”, a US 7” single on Gordy 7124, while “Let’s Go Back…” is unique to this issue.

5. “Cosmic Truth”, March 1975 LP on Gordy G6-970S1 in the USA and June 1975 on Tamla Motown STMA 8023 in the UK

Side 1:
Earthquake Shake; Down By The River; UFO’s; Lil’ Red Ridin’ Hood; Squeeze Me, Tease Me
Side 2:
Spaced Out; Got To Get My Hands On Some Lovin’; 1990; (I Know) I’m Losing You

6. “Higher Than High”, October 1975 on Gordy G6-972S1 in the USA and on Tamla Motown STML 12009 in The UK

Side 1:
Higher Than High; Poontang; Life Ain’t So Easy; Boogie Bump Boogie
Side 2:
Help Yourself; I’m In The Red Zone; Overload; I Saw You When You Met Her; Ma

7. “Method To The Madness”, January 1977 LP on Whitfield WH 2967 in the USA and Whitfield K 56289 in the UK

Side 1:
Cosmic Contact; Method To The Madness; Sunshine; You + Me = Love
Side 2:
Hole In The Wall; Loose; Life Ain’t So Easy; Take A Vacation From Life; Let’s Go To The Disco

8. “Smokin’”, 1979 USA LP on Whitfield WHK 3202 and Whitfield K 56497 in the UK

Side 1:
Show Time; Talkin’ To The Wind; Atomic Funk; I Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love
Side 2:
Space Machine; Tazmainian Monster; Sandman; Misunderstood

No comments:

Post a Comment